To all the students who attended my three day short course at NLU, Delhi, it was a pleasure. As promised, find below a reading list on negotiation/mediation!
Compiled by Professor Sukhsimranjit Singh, Pepperdine University School of Law, firstname.lastname@example.org; 503 910 8767
TEDx TALKS ON NEGOTIATION & SKILLS BUILDING
1. Five Ways to Listen Better, Julian Treasure
2. The Danger of a Single Story, Chimamanda Adichie
3. How to Spot a Liar, Pamela Meyer
4. How I Held My Breath for 17 Minutes, David Blaine
5. Negotiating for Love, Sukhsimranjit Singh
RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON DISPUTE RESOLUTION
1. Carol Dweck, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
2. John Medina, Brain Rules
3. Robert Axelrod, The Evolution of Cooperation
4. Patrick Lencioni, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
5. Douglas Stone, Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most
6. Robert Mnookin, Beyond Winning: Negotiating to Create Values in Deals and Disputes
7. Lela Love, Stories Mediators Tell
8. Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever, Ask For It: How Women Can Use The Power of Negotiation to Get What They Want
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES ON NEGOTIATION
1. Richard Birke, "Psychological Principals in Negotiating Civil Settlements."
2. Richard Birke, "Neuroscience and Settlement, Examinations of Scientific Innovations and Practical Applications."
3. Lela Love and Sukhsimranjit Singh, "Following the Golden Rule and Finding Gold: Generosity and Success in Negotiation."
4. Andrea Kupfer Schneider et. al, "Women at the Bargaining Table: Pitfalls and Prospects."
5. Women in ADR (A special ABA magazine dedicated to women and dispute resolution)